Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS) as part of the National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) is a good scheme for the Widow’s who are unable to make end meets.
Name of the Scheme
The scheme is known as ‘Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme’ (IGNWPS). It is effective/existence from February, 2009.
Eligibility Criteria of Beneficiary
- The age of the widow shall be between 40-59 years.
- The applicant must belong to a household below the poverty line according to the criteria prescribed by the Government of India.
Amount of pension
- The central assistance under IGNVVPS will be provided at the rate of Rs.200 per month per beneficiary.
- The State Governments are urged to contribute at least equally towards the pension amount.
Identification of Beneficiary
Gram Panchayat/Municipalities will play an active role in decision making for the beneficiaries.
Specific condition regarding sanction of pension
Sanction of pension to a beneficiary has to be made only after placing the database of beneficiary in the public domain/ website of the Ministry or State.
Mode of Payment
The pension is to be credited into a post office or public sector bank account of the beneficiary.
Discontinuation of Pension:
- Once the Widow Re-Marriage
- If the Widow moves above the Poverty Line
Request to all our readers, if you can help somebody please do so after reading this article.